The weird residents of Austin, TX have been using Ryan's Lawn Mowing to handle lawn maintenance, treatment, landscaping, bush trimming and more for over 10 years. Over the years, we have served hundreds of customers, most of whom have been using our service for life.
Here are the Austin, TX lawn services that we offer:
- Lawn mowing
- Grounds maintenance
- Tree trimming
- Bush trimming
- Irrigation maintenance
- Gutter cleaning
- Leaf removal
For anybody interested in retaining the services of a lawn mowing professional, be sure to ask the following:
- Do you carry liability insurance?
- Is that insurance up to date?
- How long have you been in business?
- What type of training do you give to your lawn care professionals that you employ?
- What sort of training expertise do you have?
- What motivates you do do quality work?
Your 101 Lawn Mowing Guide for Austin, TX
Here are a few steps, tips and tricks that I've learned to make sure that your grass is cut and maintained properly.
- Never mow when the lawn is wet, or even damp. You risk putting ruts in your soil and the grass clumps up and doesn't cut well.
- Always alternate the directions in which you mow. This prevents the grass from leaning one way or another.
- Mow a very small amount of grass off the top at a time. Never mow more than 1/4th of the blade off at a time.
- Use sharp blades. Never try to cut grass with a dull blade.
- Minimize the use of weed whackers - they don't cut any better than a dull mower blade.
- Always leaf the grass clippings on the yard when possible. These decompose and feed your lawn. It's the circle of life.
- Bonus tip: raise your mower blade a bit higher and make a pass over the grass. Then lower it, and mow the opposite direction. Not necessary but yields great results - we do this for an extra charge.
There you go. This is the formula we use to make every lawn beautiful. You're welcome to hire us or do it yourself. The important thing is that you have a beautiful, nicely cut, green lawn that you and your family are proud of.